Friday, June 11, 2010

Leaps and Bounds


William was able to visit yesterday! He is our sensitive soul who has an extra special love for his baby brother. He asked me a few days ago if Henry was going to die. At that time, I didn't have an answer for him. He knows enough about Sydney to know that we have had such a loss before and that babies can die. Perhaps this contributed to the immense anxiety he has experienced in the past two weeks. I was so thankful that Henry was well enough yesterday (and looked like himself enough) for William to see him and know that he is getting better.







The big news is that Henry came off the ventilator today! I can hardly believe it. Just one week ago, we were bracing ourselves for the worst. The ugly words were "pneumonia, sepsis, very sick baby, can't promise you anything, very very ill." Today we are hearing new words like "fabulous, amazing, improvement, good numbers, extubate." I can't even begin to describe our emotions and thankfulness. Last week we prayed for a miracle. Today I finally believe we have witnessed one.

Here is our miracle baby looking a lot more like himself:



Henry's fight isn't over, but we do believe that he is winning!!  Please keep praying for him and join us in thanking God for the huge steps he has taken this week.

10 comments:

  1. Dear Kara, I cannot even begin to tell you how emotional I got reading your blog entry. Thank you for sharing that and the pictures...and above all, thank You, Lord for the miracle we are experiencing.

    I will continue to pray for all of you and to thank God for all that has happened so far!

    Lord and caring Father, thank You for the miracle that has taken place with Henry...for Your healing. Thank You Lord for the big steps forward and that he is off the ventilator. Praise You Lord.

    I continue to place Henry in Your tender care and healing. I pray that he will continue day by day to improve. Thank You Lord.

    Continue to bless and strengthen Kara and Scott, William and Edmund, Kara's parents and all of the family. We rejoice with them, Lord and share in this triumph. Thank You Lord!

    We pray all these things in Your holy name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! My 3yr old daughter and I have continued praying for baby Henry, though we've never met your family. May he grow stronger each day as you all draw nearer to Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a big step and such wonderful news! We are thanking God with you tonight and praying for continued healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God and continuing to pray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara,
    I rejoice with you and your family* What a Mighty God we serve* Miracles are not unexplained phenomenons of the past; they are active acts of God's love reminding us of His presence. God's love has rested upon your little one; may everyone see and believe. Sweet kisses to a mighty, lil giant named Henry* Many Blessing, Annette (Bridget's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara and Scott,
    Thank God is all I can say. Such great news - Henry is quite the little fighter!! We're still all thinking of you and praying.
    Stephanie Fiore (posted through my daughter Giulietta's account)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kara and Scott and Family,
    I continue to pray for you and the online prayer group that I lead also continues their prayers for you.
    At church today our pastor said a special prayer for Henry's continued progress and a prayer of praise for the big step forward of getting off the ventilator.
    May God continue to give you all the strength, hope and courage you need to face the challenges of each day. And may God continue to heal Henry and may more and more good news come your way to share with all of us who are praying so hard and continually for all of you!
    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your love for your family shines thru in every post - so heart-achingly expressed. I am a friend and neighbor of Martha's.Please know I am praying for Henry and am hopeful as you are hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy to hear he is improving...it brought tears to my eyes. I will continue to pray for your sweet Henry and your family.

    ReplyDelete